A double chin is a fatty fold of skin that appears in the lower jaw area. This problem gives the face an unhealthy appearance of puffiness, heaviness, and visual distortion of facial proportions.
The good news is that the problem can be fixed: massage, exercise, and home and salon procedures can help eliminate this defect.
Even thin girls can have a double chin. That’s why we decided to find out why this is happening and how to combat this blemish. At the end of the article, there is a bonus that will help to hide the double chin.
How to Get Rid of a Double Chin?
4. With the Help of Physical Exercises
One of the simplest but most effective methods to get rid of a double chin is to exercise. All because these exercises not only affect the skin, but also the facial muscles. The first results will be visible after a week of practice. The most important thing is to do them consistently.
- Look for a thick book with a thick cover. Put it in your head. Walk-in this position for 10 minutes every day. Over time, you can swap out the book for a heavier one.
- Imagine that you have a heavy load hanging from your jaw. Try to hold it by tensing your facial muscles. Your head should be tilted back. Repeat the exercise 5 times.
- Try touching the tip of the nose with your tongue, then try touching the lower jaw with your tongue. Repeat the exercise 5 times.
- Open your mouth wide, paint an imaginary “8” in full width with your tongue. Repeat the exercise 10 times.
- Place your elbows on the table, rest your chin on your fists. Try leaning your head forward, creating resistance with your arms at the same time.
- Contract your facial muscles and clearly pronounce the following vowel sounds several times:[ ʌ ] like the “u’ in the word “sun” [ ɒ ] like the “o” in the word “pot” [ i: ] like the “ee” in the word “see” [ e ] like the “e” in the word “bed”
3. With the Help of a Self-massage
Self-massage is an effective way to get rid of a double chin. Improves blood circulation, tones facial muscles and helps remove harmful substances from the skin.
Wash your hands with soap and dry them carefully. Apply a cream, gel, or oil to the lower part of the face to help with the massage. Glide your hands gently along the lower jaw towards the lobes to the chin without applying too much pressure. After that, repeat the same movement in the opposite direction. Each time you do this, increase the speed and pressure.
Replace gliding motions with tapping and then adjusting motions. Finish the massage with a slow, gentle caress.
You can also use natural honey for this procedure if you are not allergic to it.
2. With the Help of Salon Procedures
- Myostimulation is one of the most effective methods to combat a double chin. Helps to obtain the result without exercise, diet, or massage. The effect is provided by electrical impulses that remove excess fluid from problem areas.
- The elevation of radio waves allows a person to get rid of double chin in a short time, thanks to radio waves of a special sound and frequency. The procedure helps improve blood circulation, accelerates cell regeneration, and reduces the volume of adipose tissue.
- Laser lipolysis is another effective method that helps eliminate a double chin. The effect is obtained thanks to the action of low-intensity laser radiation. Fat cells are broken down and removed from the body without surgery.
- Mini-liposuction is a serious method to combat double chin, as fatty tissues and sagging skin are surgically removed.
1. With the Help of Home Procedures
- Black Clay
It is one of the simplest but most effective masks. Mix 3 tablespoons of clay with warm water and apply to the double chin area 1-2 times a week. If you have dry skin, add several drops of any essential oil.
- Wearing a Bandage
Many Internet users give good reviews about the use of a bandage and a collar to combat a double chin. These devices tone the muscles, release muscle tension, smooth the surface of the skin and improve the condition of the muscle fibers.
Bonus: Conceal a Double Chin in Several Seconds!
1. Choose the right clothes
A moderate neckline draws attention away from the problem area of the double chin.
2. Refresh your hairdo
Go for voluminous hairstyles that open your neck. Avoid strands of hair near the chin. A chin curl hairstyle will transform a double chin into a triple chin.
3. Open new horizons in makeup.
The carving helps to effectively hide even the most visible double chin. Focus on the cheekbones, cheeks, and eyes. Distract the attention from the chin with the help of lipstick or lip gloss. Dab some styling powder on your lower jaw.