Beautiful, natural eyebrows are one of the hottest beauty trends. We have created this helpful guide on how to make your eyebrows absolutely gorgeous at home, without spending a fortune on hair salons and makeup artists.
Before you start…
You need to determine if your brows are thick enough. Don’t worry if you find that your brows do not meet some thickness patterns or trends. You can always try to make your eyebrows thicker. Before going to bed, try massaging your brows for 3-5 minutes with castor oil, olive oil, or almond oil for faster hair growth. A healthy diet can also work its magic not only on your hair, but on your entire body – include fish (especially salmon), nuts, raisins, and soy products in your diet. This will stimulate hair growth and strengthen the hair follicles. You won’t have to wait long for amazing results.
Find the perfect eyebrows shape for your face shape
- If your face is round, try to create an arch as high as possible. Look for a brow that follows a straight line up to the top of the brow and stay away from a rounded brow. This will make your face look very round.
- For a square face, consider a curved, smooth, or stiff-angled brow shape. Stay away from thin and short brows.
- Women with heart-shaped face should wear a low bun and rounded eyebrows, as this creates a more natural appearance. Avoid highly arched brows – You can increase the length of a shorter face in a heart shape.
- If you have an oval face, choose a flat, angled brow shape. These should go up and then curve gently at the top.
To identify the three points to consider when shaping your brow, use the “pencil” method. Place a pencil directly along the side of the nose; This will be the beginning (inside) of the eyebrow. Then place the pencil along with the nose and over the pupil. This will be the arch and the highest part of your brow. Now move the pencil so that the tip of the nostril and the outer edge of the eye is aligned; this is the tip of the forehead.
How to pluck your perfect eyebrows:
When you finish the theoretical material, get ready to move on to the practical part. Grab your tweezers and start pulling! We think these little tips could help you get amazing results:
- Make sure you are comfortable and have good lighting. Invest in high-quality tweezers – This essential tool that you are using should be effective in pinching the eyebrows and grabbing the hair.
- Run an ice cube over your brows to reduce redness, swelling, and pain, or apply a moisturizer to your skin.
- Be careful when plucking the area above the brow: if you go too far and pluck too much, the brow will look abnormally thin. After a few tweezers, take a few steps back to see the larger image and evaluate the result.
- Use a special brush to comb your eyebrows and trim the hair that protrudes above the brow line with a small fingernail or eyebrow scissors.
How to fill in eyebrows:
Now let’s move on to the hardest and probably the most challenging part of all: how to fill in your brows to make them look thicker and more natural. If your brows are lighter than your hair color, you can try tinting them with a special brow dye.
Remember that the color of your eyebrows should be very close to the tone of your hair. If you choose a color a little darker than your hair, your brows will look unnatural.
You can fill in your brows with a pencil, powder or eyeshadow, and brow mascara. A pencil helps create a more natural look and hide scattering. With brow powder, you can get thick brows, while brow mascara is a must for women with unruly thick brows.
The basic steps to getting your perfect brows are almost the same, no matter what filler you are using:
- Use an eyebrow brush to lightly brush the brow hair, align the lower curve of the brow, and fill in the hairless spots.
- Tail the brow, if necessary, and outline the top and bottom edges of the brow. Be careful with the margins of the natural brow shape; do not apply too much color, especially near the bridge of the nose.
- If you want the brow shape to look more defined, try highlighting the skin between the brow and the eyelid. To do this, apply a few drops of concealer and mix well, then apply a highlighter under the brow, and voila!