Stressful situations, overwork, lack of sleep, health problems, all of which can cause the skin on your face to get tired.
We decided to find a solution to this problem. We’ve done research everywhere and are now pleased to present a selection of five effective face mask recipes that will bring your skin back to life and make you feel good about your appearance.
Potato and lemon mask
- 1 potato
- 1/2 lemon (juice)
- Beat the potato, put it in a bowl, add the lemon juice little by little and mix everything with a spoon or spatula until a homogeneous mass is obtained.
- Apply the mixture to your face in gentle circular motions.
- Let stand for 20 minutes.
- Wash off the mask with water.
This mask is particularly effective against spots on the face caused by tanning. In just three nights, you will see that your skin is free of blemishes and sun spots again.
- 1 cucumber
- 1 chicken egg white
- Beat the egg white until frothy.
- Grate the cucumber with a fine grater (you will need to produce 2 tablespoons of cucumber pulp).
- Add the cucumber pulp to the egg white foam and stir the ingredients well.
- Once the mixture is ready, apply it to the face.
- Let stand for 15 minutes.
- Wash off the mask.
The mask is a great reminder. In addition, it treats blemishes, opens pores and reduces eye wrinkles.
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- 1 teaspoon of milk
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- Beat the egg white.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the egg white foam and stir well.
- To make the mixture more viscous, try adding ground-rolled oats.
- Apply the mask carefully. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- Remove the mask with a warm compress.
- Rinse your face with water, adding a few drops of chamomile infusion.
This mixture will help you remove acne marks, revive dry and dull skin, and brighten your complexion.
- 1 tablespoon of oatmeal
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 sour green apple
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 2 tablespoons of kefir
- Juice from 1 lemon
- Beat the oats in a blender.
- Grate the apple.
- Take 3 small bowls. Use the first bowl to mix the oatmeal and olive oil.
- Use the second bowl to mix in the crushed apple pulp and honey.
- The third bowl is used to mix kefir and lemon juice.
- Apply the mask in layers with a makeup brush.
- After rinsing your face, apply the first coat (a mixture of oatmeal and olive oil). Let the mixture dry a bit.
- Then apply the second coat (a mixture of crushed apples and honey). Let it dry for 5 minutes.
- Finally, apply the third layer (a mixture of kefir and lemon juice).
- Wait another 5 minutes. In total, the mask should stay on your face for 15 minutes.
- Wash your face well.
This mask treats oily skin, treats acne and removes dead cells.
- ¼ teaspoon of powdered turmeric
- 1 tablespoon of avocado
- 1 teaspoon of yogurt or kefir
- Mash the avocado (using a blender or by hand with a fork) until you get a smooth pulp.
- Place the avocado puree, saffron, and yogurt in a small bowl and stir well.
- Rinse your face first. Apply the mask in gentle circular movements.
- Leave the mask on for 5 minutes.
- Wash it off.
- The avocado and yogurt mask can adhere to the hair along the hairline. To avoid this, tie your hair in a bun.
- Make sure you choose the correct type of yogurt. We recommend that you use a simple, not sweet probiotic product that does not cause skin irritation. Greek yogurt is particularly good as a component of the mask.
- Since saffron and yogurt stains are difficult to remove, wear something old and casual before you start preparing your mask.
Try this mask to soothe skin irritations, treat burns, and ease the pain of sunburn. The mixture also reduces inflammation and facial redness and promotes skin healing.
Chocolate and oatmeal mask
- 1/3 cup of cacao powder
- 1/4 cup of honey
- 2 tablespoons of heavy cream or sour cream
- 3 tablespoons of oatmeal powder
- Place the oatmeal in a blender. Then put all the mask ingredients in a small bowl and mix them with a spoon or spatula.
- When the mask is ready, use a clean brush or your fingers to apply it to your face as soon as possible.
- Gently massage your face.
- Leave the mask on for 15-20 minutes (we recommend lying down for a while while you wait).
- Get up and wash off your mask.
Use this mask if you have oily, acne-prone, aging, dry or sensitive skin.
Some general advice on using facial masks:
- Check your skin for possible adverse reactions before using the mask. Place some of the mask material in the crease of your elbow. If no irritation appears after 15 minutes, it is safe to apply the mask to your face.
- Always rinse your face before applying the mask.
- Before you start preparing the mask, make sure all the ingredients are fresh. When the mask is ready, use it immediately.
- When applying the mask, follow the facial massage lines, starting at the bottom of the face and working your way up. The first step in applying the mask should begin on the chin (or neck) and end in the forehead region. The second stage consists of using both hands simultaneously, moving from the chin to the ears and from the edges of the lips to the ears. Finally, focus on applying the mask to the upper part of the face, starting in the middle of the forehead and working towards the temples.
- Always leave a little light skin around the eyes and mouth. After applying the mask, it is better to lie down, close your eyes, and relax. Ideally, apply face masks at night before going to bed.
- Do not leave the mask on for a long time. If you experience any skin discomfort during the procedure, wash off the mask immediately.
- Remove masks only with water. Avoid using cleaning agents. Make sure the water temperature is right for your skin type. For example, oily skin does not like hot water, while dry skin only feels comfortable after a hot water wash. Once the mask is removed, treat your skin with a moisturizer.
Bonus: facial peeling with a cut tomato
You can also cut a tomato into slices and sprinkle with sugar. Gently rub skin with it to remove dead cells for clean, fresh-looking skin.
Preview photo credit Depositphotos