Hands often reveal their age because they age faster than your face. However, you can avoid this by taking good care of them.
It has put together some tips and rules to keep your hands beautiful for longer.
5. Wash your hands correctly
Frequent contact with soap can cause your hands to lose moisture and begin to peel. Follow these simple rules to avoid it:
- Do not use antibacterial soap unless absolutely necessary. Avoid perfumes: they dry out the skin and can cause irritation. Opt for a hydrating soap with jojoba oil, olive oil, or aloe vera.
- Wash your hands with warm, but not hot, water to preserve the natural protective layer.
- Avoid electric dryers in favor of paper towels.
4. Wear gloves
Your hands are constantly under stress from external factors such as cold, chemicals, and dry air. To minimize damage, you should have gloves for all occasions:
- Leather or fur gloves or mittens for cold weather.
- Rubber or latex ones for household chores (washing dishes, scrubbing floors, cleaning the bathtub, etc.).
- Gardening cloth gloves.
3. Moisten your hands regularly
A good hand cream is just as important as soap or shampoo, so choose and use it wisely.
- Apply the cream as needed, but not less than twice a day (morning and evening). If you have dry skin, place a tube of cream next to the sink and apply it every time you wash your hands. For the best effect, apply the cream, put on cotton gloves, and go to bed like this.
- Your nails need hydration too. Apply some hand cream and buy vitamin E cream for the cuticles.
- Your skin needs internal and external moisture, so drink plenty of water.
- Buy a humidifier, and turn it on when the air is dry.
2. Remember to scrub
In addition to the cream, it is necessary to rub and mask the hands once a week.
- Hand masks are made from products that are normally kept in the fridge. For example, mix half an avocado, an egg yolk, and a tablespoon of lemon juice. Apply to hands and let it sit for 20 minutes. Find other mask recipes here.
- You can use a mixture of oil and sugar as a scrub or look for other options here.
- Tip for Lazy People: When using body scrubs or masks, apply them to your hands as well.
1. Use sunscreen
One of the main signs of aging is hyperpigmentation of the skin on the hands. The reason is not aging or liver dysfunction, as you may have heard, but the effect of the sun. Age just shoots up your accumulated property.
- To avoid heavy pigment spots, apply sunscreen regularly to your hands.
- Citrus fruits are a good natural “bleach.” For example, you can regularly make face masks with 1 tablespoon of lemon juice, 1 tablespoon of milk, and 1 teaspoon of honey. For other natural recipes to lighten the skin of the hands, see here.