Statistics show that 95% of all people on our planet suffer from acne at some point in their lives. Acne and other skin blemishes can be caused by dozens of various causes, from your eating habits to using the wrong skin care products.
To date, no one has discovered the universal remedy to heal your skin once and for all. However, there are some really effective natural treatments that can help you get healthy, glowing skin without using chemical or surgical remedies.
We have put together the most effective tips our grandmothers used to make their skin perfect.
7 Most Effective Tips
7. Dark Circles: Turmeric + Pineapple Juice
Turmeric can help minimize dark circles, producing antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effects on the skin. Here’s how to make a mask to remove dark circles:
- Take 2 teaspoons of turmeric powder and 2 teaspoons of pineapple juice and mix to make a paste.
- Apply the paste to the area under the eyes and leave it on for about 10 minutes.
- Clean it with a soft cloth.
- Repeat the procedure every day until you see the results.
This mask will also make the skin under the eyes softer and smoother.
6. Sunburns and Inflammations: Avocados
Avocados contain vitamins A, D, and E, which help soothe sunburned skin, increase collagen production, and reduce skin inflammation. An avocado face mask is made as follows:
- Take half of the fruit and mash it with a fork.
- Add 2 tablespoons of hot water to the avocado pulp and mix.
- Apply the mixture to the affected areas with a brush and hold for 10 minutes.
- Rinse the mask off with lukewarm water.
If you have dry or sensitive skin, you should add 1 teaspoon of honey to the mask.
5. Hyper pigmentation: Potatoes + Lemon Juice
Potato contains various vitamins and minerals that are really effective in treating hyper pigmented skin, dark spots, and acne scars.
Lemon contains citric acid, considered a natural lightening agent. You can make a brightening mask with these 2 ingredients as follows:
- Take a potato, wash it well, cut it into small pieces, and put it in a blender.
- Place the potato pulp in a colander and extract the potato juice.
- Squeeze a lemon to make lemon juice.
- Take 4 teaspoons of potato juice and 2 teaspoons of lemon juice and mix.
- Apply the mixture to the affected areas with a brush or cotton ball in a thick layer.
- After applying the first coat, let it air dry for a few minutes and apply the second coat and then the third.
- Leave the mask on overnight and rinse the skin with warm water in the morning.
- Repeat the treatment every day for a week.
If you have dry/sensitive skin, you can add 1 tablespoon of honey and 1 tablespoon of rose water to keep the affected areas properly hydrated.
If you have oily/combination skin, you can add 2 tablespoons of rice flour to the mask.
The mixture can be stored in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
4. Acne: Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar contains acetic acid and trace elements such as potassium and magnesium. It is a powerful detoxifying agent with antibacterial and antifungal properties that can help prevent acne problems if you use this toner:
- Take 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar and mix it with 2-3 tablespoons of filtered or distilled water.
- Apply the mixture to the skin with a cotton pad after washing the clothes.
- Wait for the toner to dry. After that, you can use other skin care products.
- Apply toner twice a day or every time you have washed your face.
3. Acne Scars: Green Tea
Green tea contains phenols that have antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties and provide benefits in treating scar tissue. This compress will help you get rid of acne scars:
- Place 2 tea bags or 2 teaspoons of loose leaves in a bowl.
- Boil 500 ml of water and pour over the tea in the bowl.
- When the tea is ready, remove the tea bags or tea leaves.
- Take a clean, soft cloth and place it in the bowl and let the liquid soak through the cloth.
- Place the damp cloth on your face and let it act for 5 to 10 minutes.
- You can apply the compress several times a day.
2. Wrinkles: Olive Oil
Olive oil is a great source of vitamins A and E, which fight skin-damaging free radicals and help regenerate skin cells. To prevent the aging process, you can massage only with olive oil or make the following mixture:
- Take a few drops of olive oil and mix with a few drops of honey and glycerin.
- Massage the mixture into your skin twice a day.
To prevent and reduce wrinkles, you can also massage your skin with coconut oil, emu oil, almond oil, or vitamin E oil.
1. Clogged Pores: Sea Salt + Honey
Sea salt contains tons of minerals and nutrients like magnesium, calcium, sodium, and potassium, so it can help balance oil production, remove dead skin cells, and increase the rate of renewal.
Here’s how to make your own homemade sea salt scrub:
- Mix 2 teaspoons of sea salt with 4 teaspoons of raw honey.
- Apply the mixture evenly on clean skin and rub in gently.
- Leave the mixture on your face for 15 minutes and then rinse off.
- You can use the scrub several times a week.
Bonus: Aloe Vera for Flawless Skin
Aloe vera is rich in vitamins C, E, beta-carotene, and natural enzymes with nourishing and anti-aging properties. It can perfectly hydrate the skin, restore the pH balance and increase elasticity. Aloe vera is also effective against acne and scars.
There are many ways to use aloe vera to achieve perfect skin:
- A cleanser: drink aloe vera juice and add a little honey. Then apply the mixture on your face and wipe it with a cotton ball.
- An exfoliation: take an aloe vera leaf and add a little rice flour or sugar. Rub your face for 1-2 minutes and wash with water after the procedure. You can use the scrub 2-3 times a week.
- A tonic: extract the juice of an aloe vera leaf, add 2 tablespoons of rose water and 2 tablespoons of mineral water and mix the ingredients correctly. Pour the mixture into an empty spray bottle and apply as needed.
- A mask: Take 1 tablespoon of sugar, 1 teaspoon of lemon juice, 1 teaspoon of aloe vera juice, 1 teaspoon of rose water and mix all the ingredients. Apply the mixture to the affected areas and allow it to air dry for 15-20 minutes. Then wash the skin with lukewarm water and pat it dry with a cotton ball.
Preview photo credit depositphotos.com