Summer is in its prime. You’re planning a vacation and trying on a bathing suit and suddenly you notice the obnoxious “orange peel”. Good news: cellulite is not a defect at all. 90% of women have it, but it is almost imperceptible in some due to the specific characteristics of the body structure. More news: you can’t get rid of cellulite completely, but you can make it almost invisible. So how can we make our skin smooth and fit?
We collected the simplest and most effective tips.
7. Healthy eating
A common myth: if you lose weight, cellulite will disappear. That is not true. The fight against cellulite begins with proper nutrition. Things your diet should include:
- protein (meat, legumes, nuts);
- lecithin (eggs, tomatoes, spinach, soybeans);
- fatty acids (fish, olives, avocados, nuts);
- fat-burning fruits and vegetables (grapefruit).
The best drink for a fit body is drinking water. Nutritionists recommend drinking 1.5 to 2 liters (50 to 66.6 fluid ounces), not counting tea, coffee, and other beverages.
5. Physical exercises
If you consume more calories than you can burn, you will get extra fat that affects the appearance of cellulite. Physical exercises will help you burn excess calories and have a fit body. In this case, sit-ups, rope jumping, running, and aerobics are more effective than dumbbells and dumbbells.
- Both self-massage with special brushes and cups and professional service are effective.
- In massage salons and clinics, massage is performed with special equipment that destroys accumulated layers of subcutaneous fat and improves metabolism.
- Massage with essential oils is even more effective, as they penetrate the epidermis, burning fat and eliminating lymphatic stagnation.
Anti-cellulite creams do not have the desired effects, but exfoliants remove the keratinized layer of the skin, improve blood circulation and accelerate metabolic processes.
- A peel with coffee grounds makes the skin firmer and smoother and cellulite less noticeable.
- A sea salt scrub will remove excess moisture from the cellulite area.
2. Contrast shower
- A contrast shower improves blood circulation and stimulates metabolism.
- The pressure of the watercourses will eliminate the stagnation. The lymph intensively cleanses the skin and the subcutaneous layers.
- Direct the jet of water at the problem area at a distance of 10 cm (3.9 “) and massage the problem areas: gluteal region – with circular movements, legs – movements from top to bottom forward and from bottom to back.
- The high temperatures of a sauna increase blood and lymphatic flows, making the skin smooth and fit, restoring its elasticity.
- The sauna opens the sweat glands, through which toxins leave the skin, cleansing it of fatty stagnation.
- Just one visit to a sauna per week will soften the subcutaneous fat layer.
- Anti-cellulite wraps with special oils or healing mud also help.
P. S. These methods of fighting cellulite will bring visible results only when used altogether. The only method chosen may not be effective enough.