Whenever we see celebrities on the big screen or walking the red carpet at some prestigious awards ceremony, we never stop marveling at their incredible beauty. It almost seems that popular personalities are born with the ideal physical appearance and impeccable taste. However, in reality, most of the stars owe their stunning looks to the inspired work of their stylists and makeup artists.
Especially for our readers, we have selected 45 invaluable tips from these high-flying beauty experts!
Chris McMillan is a popular American designer / stylist. Her stellar clientele includes well-known Hollywood celebrities and actresses, including Kate Hudson, Kim Kardashian, Jennifer Aniston, Mylie Cyrus, Anne Hathaway, and many others.
- A proper haircut is a 99% successful personal image. Nothing else can make up for insufficient hair care or poor styling. You should never skimp on your hairdresser. A bad haircut will require correction after just a week or two, while the work of a quality hairdresser can be time-consuming; even if it starts to grow back, your hair will retain the desired shape.
- Your style shouldn’t be ideal. Excessively elegant hair does not look natural and can ruin your image. Be sure to wear your fancy accessories sparingly, this will help keep the look light.
- If you want to look younger, let your hair grow out and prefer weft hairstyles.
- The only way to grow your hair is not to cut it. Don’t shorten your locks even a few millimeters. This may be difficult at first, but it is important to stick with it for at least half a year.
- The first few weeks are the hardest – as your hair begins to grow out, it gradually loses its shape and becomes less susceptible to styling. To make your hair look decent, you can use various accessories: bandanas, scarves, barrettes, and super trendy headbands.
- If your hair grows slowly and looks weak and lifeless, there may be scalp problems. Several research projects have shown that subjecting the skin on your head to regular peels and moisturizing treatments makes your hair grow twice as fast.
- The famous stylist is sure: adding a little more volume to your hair at the root will make any hairstyle more beautiful. The most important thing for any hairstyle is volume.
- If you’re in a rush, only have five minutes to spare, but still want to look gorgeous, McMillan recommends a ponytail: “You can style your hair and braid it into a low ponytail. Fasten it firmly to the nape of the neck, leaving a few strands to cover the ears. Among other things, this allows you to show your hair in life-size. ‘
- Wash your hair before entering the pool. Don’t forget that chlorine is bad for your hair. To avoid brittleness, be sure to maintain a barrier between the bleach and your locks. Rinse your hair before using the pool and immediately after bathing.
- If you have a high forehead, don’t hesitate to grow your bangs; if you have a low forehead, it is better to leave it open.
Hollywood’s top nail stylist Kimmie Kyees works with a variety of universally known stars including Adele, Jennifer Lopez, Rihanna, Katy Perry, and others. You may very well have no colleagues in the world of professional nail art.
- A proper manicure looks good on its own – its shade doesn’t have to match the color of your clothes or makeup.
- Glitter polish looks best on short square oval nails. Delicate neutral shades are more versatile – they are suitable for everyone. Do not forget how beautiful and diverse the nude tones are: coffee and milk, sand, peach, shades of pink and gray. They can have a rich or semi-translucent texture.
- If you are a fan of bright colors, there is a way to make your nails even more vibrant. Follow this simple method: After applying foundation, paint your nails with white polish, then apply a second coat of polish in the color of your choice.
This French stylist conquered Hollywood with his wonderful creations. Her talents contributed to the emergence of some of the most beautiful women in the world, including Sarah Jessica Parker, Julia Roberts, Julianne Moore, and many others.
- Dry shampoos can be of great help. Washing your hair every day is a bad habit that you need to get rid of. But we often find ourselves in a situation where our hair still looks clean, but the roots are already starting to want a wash. What’s more, the longer the hair gets, the heavier it becomes. This causes it to lose volume. Dry shampoo can solve this problem in no time.
- Long hair is heavy and difficult to style. You will have to use a volume spray, otherwise, your hair will fall out quickly, even after the most vigorous morning styling session. Make sure you follow this basic rule of thumb: After each wash, treat your hair with a small amount of intensifying cream (a little the size of apricot will do). After applying the booster, blow dry your hair, keeping your head tilted down.
It is Jeanine Lobell who works with the Oscar-winning actresses both on set and in preparation for the award ceremonies. Her clients include Cate Blanchett, Natalie Portman, Michelle Williams, and Uma Thurman.
- Do you want to look fresher and younger? Then mix in a few shades of cream blush (like red and light pink) and add some sparkly primer. Apply around the cheek area and mix well.
- An interesting effect can be achieved by using a combination of beauty products with different textures. For example, silky glossy lipstick is in harmony with pressed matte blush.
- Emphasize wide brows and make sure not to overwhelm your face with overly vibrant shades of lipstick and blush.
As a fashion designer and writer, Rachel Zoe is considered one of the most popular celebrity stylists in Hollywood. He has teamed up with world-renowned actresses such as Cameron Diaz, Anne Hathaway, Jessica Alba, and many others.
- Taking care of yourself and being glamorous is not something associated with preparing for special occasions. You should strive to look your best every day, even in the most mundane situations (like a quick trip to the stores to buy bread).
- Wear high-waisted clothing to hide waist imperfections.
- You should not blindly pursue new trends. When buying new clothes, don’t base your choice of style and color on the latest fashions. First of all, your clothes should fit you well!
- Your wardrobe should absolutely contain a little black dress, high heels, a classic white shirt, and pants with a baggy silhouette.
- Wear accessories like oversized rings, bracelets, and necklaces to add finishing touches to your look. Hats and sunglasses help bring out your personality.
- Don’t be afraid to play with the proportions. Try balancing out your multi-layered blouse with a simple hem. Also, why not try a combination of baggy pants and a fitted shirt?
- Try borrowing some items from a man’s wardrobe (like a jacket or shirt).
- A modest neckline and long sleeves help accentuate your face. Pay special attention to makeup: your foundation should match your skin tone.
- If you do not have time to do a proper hairstyle, tie your hair, leaving your face open. You can wear huge earrings: these accessories are perfect for balancing the proportions of your face.
Hollywood hair colorist Rona O’Connor works her magic on the hair of many celebrities, including Blake Lively, Heidi Klum, Debra Messing, and many others. You have to give this talented pro: the stars are absolutely beautiful!
- Do not wash your hair for 48 hours after coloring! Otherwise, you will lose your new look and will need to reschedule an appointment with your hair colorist.
- If you don’t have a proven personal master colorist, visit several hair salons and consult with resident hairdressers. This will allow you to compare various expert opinions.
- Blonde hair is very fragile, so care must be taken to reduce the mechanical impact on its surface. For example, after washing your hair, do not rub it with a towel or a comb while it is still wet; This can damage the structure of the hair and leave it dull and porous.
- Using products that contain silicone can lead to clogged hair pores. This is likely to prevent your hair from absorbing the nutrients contained in masks and conditioners. It would be wise to avoid these products by choosing more natural hair care solutions.
- Make sure to treat your hair with deep moisturizing masks twice a week. For example, you can use virgin jojoba, avocado, or coconut oil. As an express option, you can opt for professional ready-made masks.
- Growing colored hair is an extremely difficult task, but nothing impossible! First of all, you should not stop taking care of the ends. Use special treatments during styling and after washing your hair. Also, don’t forget to update the tips every 6 to 8 weeks; This tactic will surely bring positive results!
Ken Paves is one of the most popular stylists in Hollywood and England. His portfolio includes covers of such magazines as Vogue, Marie Claire, Elle, and Glamour, as well as stunning images of Victoria Beckham, Jessica Simpson, Jessica Biel, and other instantly recognizable stars.
- Avoid washing daily. If frequent washing is necessary, be sure to shampoo only the roots.
- Preparing for an important event requires a special hair treatment. You must make all the necessary preparations the night before. Mix 1: 3 oil and water, pour into a spray bottle, and use to treat each strand individually. After applying the mixture, let it sit overnight. The next morning, wash your hair well. You will certainly feel the difference: your hair will be soft, shiny, and much easier to style.
- Set the dryer to warm mode when drying hair. Use cold air when fixing your style.
- Do not use an iron with your hair still damp under any circumstances!
Pat McGrath is one of the most sought after makeup artists in the world. He works with large fashion houses, creating images for catwalks and advertising campaigns. Her client list includes Scarlett Johansson, Gwen Stefani, Madonna, and many other well-known celebrities.
- Run the mascara brush along the base of your lashes a few times and then move to the ends. Applying makeup evenly along the lashes can put a lot of weight on the tips, making it difficult to paint a beautiful curve. Don’t limit yourself to just one technique, try to achieve different effects. Hold the brush horizontally to add volume to lashes or upright for separate, natural-looking lashes.
- To hide dark circles, use a brush to blend some foundation or corrective makeup around the under-eye area. Apply the highlighter with a light shine just above the cheekbones; it will reflect light and create a sparkling eye effect.
- For a perfectly smooth and even layer, apply the liquid foundation with your fingers. The heat from your hands will transfer to the medium, making it easier to mix.
- Before putting lipstick on your lips, cover them with a concealer or foundation. This helps to create a well-defined outline. I always go a little over the natural lip line to outline the shape before moving to the center. Also, I always apply the lipstick in several layers to get a really intense color.
- To visually narrow the chin, apply a light-colored powder along the jawline. It is important that you use a matte powder; using a product with shiny particles will create the opposite effect.
- Don’t be afraid to paint your lashes frequently.
- Use two shades of blush for a more natural look. They can be similar or completely different: one darker, the other lighter.
- Do you want your eyelashes to look as natural as possible? Then use black mascara for the roots and brown mascara for the tips. This will help soften your gaze, allowing your eyes to remain expressive.
- To shape your brows, use a sharp brown pencil and similar color shades. Add the finishing touches with an eyebrow comb/brush.