From choosing accessories to choosing an outfit, it’s easy to make small mistakes that can ruin all your efforts to look stylish. On the other hand, if your entire outfit is chosen correctly, it can make you a show-stopper.
In this Herewere article, you’ll find helpful tips on how to stay in the loop and avoid embarrassing situations when it comes to your appearance.
1. Picking the wrong earrings for your face shape.
This may seem like a small detail, but choosing the wrong type of earring can make your face look disproportionate. Here are some tips that might help you:
- For oval faces, you can choose any type of earring. The main thing is not to overload the look with accessories.
- For round faces, long earrings are the best option.
- For heart-shaped faces, earrings with elongated and curved lines are best.
- For square faces, try dangling, hoop, and dangling earrings.
- For narrow faces, long and dangling earrings are the best option.
2. Wear clothes that are either too small or too large.
If you are one of those people who choose clothes that fit the mannequin without trying them on first; arrest prison. Incredible as the dress looks on the mannequin, if it’s too tight and shows the extra fat you gained during a weekend party, it’s no use wearing it.
The same is true of the opposite spectrum of dressing. If you have to pull up your jeans every 20 minutes then this pair of jeans is not for you.
3. Going for overly decorative clothes
Extra frills and pleats can make you look a few sizes larger than you actually are. And you don’t want that for sure. It’s best to keep your style simple yet elegant.
Excessively decorative clothes need special care during cleaning and their maintenance time can also be long. No matter how beautiful a dress is, if it is not clean it will spoil its appearance.
4. Over accessorizing
Keeping it simple and elegant should be the mantra. You want people to look at your beautiful face and not be distracted by your earrings, bracelets, necklaces, or any other accessories you managed to put on. Just because you have multiple pieces of jewelry doesn’t mean you have to wear them all at once.
But accessories, used wisely, can really complete your look. A business look would never be complete without a wristwatch. But if you combine it with bracelets, then this is overkill.