Trends are tempting and some of us can be seduced by them even if they don’t fit us. Leggings, high heels, and babydoll dresses can even spoil your figure and show your legs from a less attractive side. But most trends can still be followed if we just listen to these simple tips.
We at Herewere also have many occasions to attend to in our daily lives and we are curious to know how to fix the small details so that our clothes appear at their best. Here you can find some good tips that may be useful for you too and a bonus at the end of the article.
Many women dream of having thin legs, but sometimes we still need to balance the upper and lower body. So, here are some tips you can use if you want to show off your legs:
- Avoid chunky heels and chunky wedges as they might look too big for you.
- Choose a heel with a rounded toe, because a pointed toe can make your legs look too sharp.
- Skirts and dresses that go down to your knees are good for you.
- Choose clothes that help create the illusion of more curves in your thighs. They can be peplum dresses and skirts or with pleats and pockets. They can provide some extra volume around the hip area.
- Flared skirts and dresses also work well for the shape of your legs.
2. If you have sharp knees or legs that are too pale or scarred
There are some details that are better hidden because they can be very distracting from our overall look. For example, sharp knees, very pale legs, and scars. Tights can be a solution, but in the hot summer, they are not really an option. Instead, you can try these tips:
- Your skirt should cover your kneecaps.
- Wear a flowing skirt or dress.
- Avoid short skirts and dresses with lots of patterns and details.
- Avoid dark shoes if your legs are too pale.
3. If you want to make your legs look longer
Yes, of course, heels are the best solution if you want to look taller, but it can be tiring and sometimes not practical to wear them every day. Here are some options that can help you without wearing heels.
- Avoid dark ankle boots because they can cut into your ankle and make your legs look shorter.
- If you wear a skirt without socks or a dress, choose nude shoes to make your legs look long and slender. If you decided to wear tights, choose shoes of the same color.
- Wear high-waisted pants and skirts.
- Avoid long, unbuttoned tops.
- Capris and pants tucked into shoes can make your legs look shorter, so focus on wearing pants with a long, clean silhouette.
Bonus: Tips for all kinds of legs
Solid colors are a good solution for everyone. They give the illusion of height. If you want to cover up unwanted details, don’t use patterns. For example, moles can even make your legs look thicker.