According to statistics published by the International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, in 2017, 17 million women sought surgical and non-surgical cosmetic procedures. While Botox may be the easy way out, especially when someone has the financial ability to do it, there are many natural ways that are not well-known to eliminate sagging skin.
Mainly because it requires time, dedication, and sacrifice; But by trying these tips, you will not only eliminate sagging skin but also improve your overall health.
At HereWere we found some natural ways to eliminate sagging skin at any age and prevent it in the future, without resorting to cosmetic surgery or needles.
1. Limit your sugar
We continue to find more and more negative effects that sugar has on our overall health, and when it comes to our skin, it does more harm than good. Regular sugar consumption starts a process in our digestive system called glycation, which results in AGEs.
These AGEs break down the collagen your body produces (which is the protein that keeps our skin plump) even faster than it should and prevent it from reproducing as regularly as it needs to.
This causes the skin to become more saggy and wrinkles to appear. By eliminating sugar, collagen production will be rebalanced and both your skin and body will be strong and hydrated.
- The maximum amount of sugar your body needs without harming your health is 6 teaspoons per day.
- But remember that almost all the foods we eat can contain sugar, so it is essential to avoid it in your morning coffee or tea.
2. Apply cucumber juice
As we age, skin components such as collagen, which promotes firmness, and elastin, which provides elasticity, are produced 1% less each year after age 20. The skin then slowly begins to become thinner and more saggy in areas such as the face, neck, and chest. This is why it is vital to care for these areas more often than other parts of the body with regular masks.
Cucumbers and cucumber juice work miracles when it comes to skincare. They are abundant in the mineral silica, an essential component for healthy skin tissue, and ascorbic acid, which can prevent water retention in the skin. When applied topically, cucumbers can draw toxins from skin pores and strengthen collagen beneath the skin.
How to use:
- Take a cucumber, peel it, and cut it into small pieces.
- Grind for 10 to 20 seconds until it turns into a watery juice.
- After that, place it in a colander and separate the pasta water.
- Wash your face normally at night with an oil-free cleanser.
- Rub the juice on a cotton pad and apply it to your face, neck, and chest.
- Leave it to act for 20 minutes until it dries.
- Wash your face with cold water and pat dry.
- Repeat this process twice a week.
3. Mix egg white and honey
Egg whites and honey bring numerous skin health benefits when applied topically and scientific evidence can now prove this. According to a study by the Agocampu Rennes Scientific and Technological Research Center, egg whites have been shown to reduce wrinkles, and fine lines and reverse sagging skin.
During their research, they took chicken eggs and broke down the egg white ingredients. In doing so, they found 69 key proteins that revitalize and strengthen the skin when applied topically.
Honey is rich in antioxidants, can remove dirt, and penetrate the skin. Additionally, it is hygroscopic, like glycerin, which means it hydrates the skin and absorbs water from the environment. Combining these ingredients, they become a powerful skin treatment.
How to use:
- Separate 1 egg white from the yolk in a bowl.
- Add 2 tablespoons of honey and mix well until it forms a paste.
- Apply to the skin, face, and neck (avoid the delicate eye area).
- Leave it to act for 20 minutes.
- Wash with cold water and dry!
- Repeat once a week.
Just as leg muscles can respond to exercise by firming and toning, facial muscles also respond to exercise. Muscles form a solid foundation for the skin; Therefore, when the muscles lose tone, the skin follows and sagging begins.
The theory behind facial exercises and facial yoga is that they can tone facial muscles, improve blood circulation, and tighten the skin.