According to recent studies, those who practice yoga, balance training, and weight training 3 times a week for 2 years experience many benefits. Specifically, the heart muscle becomes less stiff and the body’s use of oxygen improves.
Here Were have put together the 8 best exercises for flat abs that you can do in the comfort of your home in just 30 days. Each day you will need just 10 minutes of your time to perform these exercises and you will see amazing results during the first week.
The rectus abdominis
When people often think of a “6-pack,” this is the muscle they are talking about. The rectus abdominis lies between the ribs and the pubic bone, in front of the pelvis.
This muscle can be exercised in 2 different ways:
- Bringing the chest towards the pelvis.
- Bringing the pelvis towards the chest.
1. Crunches, 15 times
Sit-ups are a classic core exercise for defining the abdominal muscles and are ideal for toning the rectus abdominis and oblique muscles.
- Lie face down on the floor or a comfortable mat.
- Bend your knees.
- Raise your shoulders toward the ceiling using your abdominal muscles and pause at the top.
2. Double leg reach, 10 times
The double leg stretch is a very effective abdominal exercise that works both the upper and lower abdominals.
- Lie on your back with your legs straight and your arms up.
- Lift your feet off the floor at a 45-degree angle using your abdominal muscles and pause at the top.
- Then slowly lie down, keeping your arms and legs straight.
3. Plank hip dips, 20 times
Plank hip dips are ideal for beginners trying to strengthen their abs.
- Start in a push-up position with your elbows on the floor while resting on your forearms. Keep your arms at a 90-degree angle.
- Arch your back slightly.
- Lift your glutes toward the ceiling, firmly squeezing your abs to shorten the distance between your rib cage and hips.
- Lower yourself back to the starting position.
4. Mountain climbers, 15 times
The Mountain Climber is an advanced, high-intensity exercise that will increase your heart rate. It is perfect to incorporate into your daily routine for aerobic exercise.
- Get into a plank position, on your fingers and toes.
- Place your hands approximately shoulder-width apart.
- Then push your right knee toward your chest as far as you can.
- Switch and do the same with the other knee and remember to keep your hips down.
These exercises are ideal for exercising at home. You don’t need any special equipment to do them, just your own body and your will. Don’t hesitate to share with us in the comments which exercise is your favorite and which one you think helped you the most.