We all dream of healthy, smooth, and shiny hair, but many of our normal care practices can damage and weaken our hair. Some of them are things that we do automatically, without thinking, but that affect the health of our hair. We would like to share 20 simple but great habits that you can use to protect your hair and help it grow healthy and strong.
- Dampen your hair with a little white vinegar after shampooing and leave it on for a few minutes before rinsing. Your hair will look shinier and shinier from the first time you try this.
2. Once a month, use a natural mask made from avocado.
3. Wash your hair with raw egg yolks instead of shampoo. Although it may seem strange, this natural product hydrates your hair better than many commercial beauty products and does so without weakening it.
4. Don’t wash your hair too often. This will remove an excess amount of oil from your scalp that your hair needs for its nutrition and growth.
5. Use a sulfate-free shampoo. Sulfate is one of the most damaging agents that removes natural moisture from hair. There are dozens of sulfate-free products on the market to help you care for and strengthen your hair.
6. Braid your hair loosely before going to sleep. It will give you beautiful beach waves in the morning, it will prevent your hair from tangling and breaking when you move while you sleep, and it will make it grow faster.
7. Massage your scalp every day with a wooden bristle brush to activate blood circulation in this area and stimulate hair growth.
8. Protect your hair from the sun. You can use sunscreen or special summer hair products that will protect your hair from chlorine and saltwater.
9. Don’t blow dry your hair too often. Let it dry naturally or use a lotion with a hairdryer or leave-in conditioner to protect your hair from heat.
10. Dry your hair thoroughly before going to bed if you don’t want bad hair when you wake up. Wet hair is much more delicate and has a tendency to break.
11. Avoid heat curlers, such as hot straighteners or curling irons, and never use them without a heat protectant spray. The high temperatures of these devices weaken the hair fibers.
12. Argan oil has many beneficial effects on hair. Use for split ends and dry scalp, or as a leave-in conditioner.
13. Do not brush your hair when it is wet, it weakens it and makes it more susceptible to breakage. Instead, use a wide tooth comb while showering after applying the hair conditioner.
14. Do not dye or bleach your hair. Dyes contain strong chemicals, such as ammonia, that cause significant damage to the hair and can also cause burns to the scalp.
15. Use a satin or silk pillowcase for your bed. This material will reduce the damage to your hair, because it won’t pull or hold it like common pillowcases do when you turn over and shake it at night.
16. If you have damaged hair that tends to break, cut it every eight weeks to keep it healthy.
17. Take biotin. This vitamin promotes the growth of nails and hair and facilitates the regeneration of the skin.
18. Relax! Nothing damages your hair more than stress. No matter how much you take care of yourself, if you don’t reduce your stress levels, your hair will never be as beautiful as it could be.
19. Eat well. Your hair is nourished by everything you eat. If you avoid proteins, natural fats, and vitamins in your diet, your hair will suffer.
20. Feed your hair regularly with natural or commercial masks, rich in vitamins and oils.
Preview photo credit depositphotos