Well-groomed brows will be no less fashionable any time soon, which means that brow artists will have a lot of clients. And eyebrows made by a non-professional artist can drastically change a person’s appearance.
How do you avoid making a mistake when choosing your brow artist? What mistakes should you avoid when taking care of your eyebrows?
We have read the tips of the brow artists and is ready to answer all these questions in detail.
4. Pay Attention to the Artist’s Tools.
To shape the eyebrows to perfection, artists use tweezers, brushes, and many other tools. Unlike a manicure or pedicure, when doing the eyebrows the possibility of coming into contact with blood is not high, but hygiene is still important. Also, make sure the brow artist sanitizes your skin before working on your brows.
Tweezers and brushes need to be soaked in a special solution after each customer and undergo heat treatment. Feel free to ask your salon for safety precautions, because your health depends on them.
3. Be Careful With Eyebrow Tinting.
To paint the eyebrows, artists use a special dye or henna. You should ask your artist which one they will use to tint your eyebrows. This is because henna is natural and can cause an allergic reaction; at worst, it can even cause Quincke’s disease. Therefore, it is best to test for allergic reaction to both the henna and what the artist is going to use.
Henna is a little less aggressive than dye and dries hair, but the result is longer lasting. If you have no problem with henna, you should choose it.
Choosing the right color is important and a good brow master can easily do this and maybe even mix several shades to get the best color. Remember this general rule of thumb: your eyebrows should look a little darker than your natural hair color if you are blonde and a little lighter if you have dark hair.
2. Don’t Get Microblading or Tattooing.
Microblading and tattooing are procedures in which an eyebrow artist draws hair where it is missing. But even if you have very thin brows, you should give up the idea of doing these procedures now, unless you want to deal with a whole catalog of problems.
There are many risks. You don’t know how your skin will react to the pigment or what color it will end up with and if you don’t like it or want to remove it, you will need a laser procedure. There is no single professional makeup artist who recommends this procedure for you.
1. Bonus: Basic Eyebrow Care Tips
You absolutely don’t need to visit an eyebrow artist every two weeks. There are a few things you can easily do yourself to shape your brows:
- Turn the tweezers upside down and place them vertically, along with the nose, across the inner corner of the eye. Mark the line of work on each of the eyebrows with a pencil. Check that the lines on the bridge of the nose are symmetrical. Remove the hair from the middle.
- Mark your endpoints by placing the tweezers on the outside of your eye. The exact place where the tweezers touch your brow is where your hair should end. Remove hair beyond the pencil line.
- Finally, throw your bow. Experts say that the peak of the brow should be just below the brow bone. The tail should be slightly thinner than the main part.
- To adjust the shape of the eyebrow, you can use a special gel.